Connect with us

Politics

Shettima withdraws from Kaduna Central Senate race, backs APC candidates

Published

on

A former Kaduna Central senatorial aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, Yerima Shettima, has withdrawn from the race and pledged support for all candidates of the party ahead of the forthcoming general election.

Shettima announced his withdrawal at a press conference on Sunday, saying the decision followed extensive consultations and careful reflection.

The former aspirant explained that his action was taken in deference to the decision of the APC regarding the Kaduna Central senatorial contest.

“After wide consultations and deep reflection, I have decided to respect the decision of our great party regarding the senatorial contest,” he said.

He stressed that the withdrawal should not be interpreted as an act of fear or weakness, but as a demonstration of loyalty to party unity and discipline.

“This decision is not borne out of fear, weakness, or cowardice, but rather from my unwavering commitment to party unity, discipline, and collective progress,” Shettima stated.

He reaffirmed his commitment to the ruling party and vowed to continue supporting its success at all levels.

“As a loyal and committed party man, I remain steadfast in my support for the APC and reaffirm my readiness to continue contributing my quota towards the victory of our great party,” he added.

Shettima also appealed to his supporters and political associates to remain calm and support candidates produced by the APC.

“The unity and success of the APC must remain our collective priority,” he said.

The former aspirant further called for reconciliation among aggrieved party members to strengthen cohesion within the party ahead of the elections.

He expressed appreciation to members of the Capacity Movement led by Sani Shehu Sado and his campaign council for their support during the political process.

Shettima also reaffirmed his support for the President and the Kaduna State Governor.

“I hereby formally announce my withdrawal from the Kaduna Central Senatorial race in good spirit and align accordingly with party decisions,” he declared.

The development comes amid growing political realignments within the APC in Kaduna State following the party’s recent primary elections, which produced candidates for various elective positions ahead of the 2027 general elections.

In recent weeks, some aspirants and party stakeholders have raised concerns over the conduct of the primaries, alleging irregularities and manipulation in certain contests.

However, party leaders have continued to urge aggrieved members to embrace reconciliation and work for the unity of the APC.

👉 Are You A WhatsApp User? Do You Want To Get Our News As Fast As Possible On Daily Basis? 👉 Click This Link To Join WhatsApp Channel Now.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

I did not participate in APC Imo Primary – Cubana Chief Priest speaks following ‘loss’

Published

on

Celebrity businessman Pascal Okechukwu, popularly known as Cubana Chief Priest, has stated that he did not participate in the All Progressives Congress primary for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency seat in Imo State.

He stated that he withdrew voluntarily after Governor Hope Uzodimma explained the party’s zoning arrangement to him.

The clarification came in a series of Instagram posts on Sunday, responding to an earlier video in which he suggested he had taken part and received only 14 votes.

Okechukwu said he had sought the APC ticket for the constituency ahead of the 2027 general elections but lost to incumbent lawmaker Canice Nwachukwu.

“He made the argument that it was not the turn of my Local Government Area to occupy the seat at this time, especially considering that my elder brother, Asiwaju Jerry Alagboso, had previously served three terms in the House,” Okechukwu wrote.

Describing himself as a loyal party member, he said discussions with Uzodimma made him accept that it was not yet the turn of his local government area to hold the seat.

He noted that the governor argued Orlu LGA should complete at least two terms before the position rotated, especially since his elder brother, Jerry Alagboso, had served three terms in the House.

He added that his decision to run stemmed from concerns about the performance of the current officeholder.

“My decision and resolve to aspire for the office was born out of my conviction that the current holder of the office was not living up to the expectations and aspirations of our people,” he said.

According to him, he stood down once the party adopted its zoning position and asked preferred aspirants to proceed.

“In respect for the party and its leadership, I chose not to proceed to the field, and indeed, I never did. Nobody will say they saw me anywhere around the primaries venue. In fact I did not participate. As I headed straight back to Lagos,” he wrote.

He added that he received the party’s directive in the early hours of Saturday before the primary and stayed away from the venue entirely.

He said, “Immediately the party’s decision was communicated to me in the early hours of Saturday before the primaries, I stayed away completely in respect of the leadership and the internal understanding reached.”

Okechukwu dismissed online commentary around the incident as coordinated mischief aimed at using his name for propaganda.

“I am not indebted to anybody over my aspiration. The aspiration was entirely mine, driven by my personal conviction and desire to serve”, he added.

He also denied reports that he owed supporters money over the bid, saying the aspiration was personal and driven by his desire to serve.

He said he had no regrets about raising political awareness in the constituency ahead of the primaries.

His loss had drawn public attention, including a message from Seyi Tinubu, who encouraged him to see it as a step toward future success.

Okechukwu reaffirmed his loyalty to the APC and said he would continue mobilising support for President Bola Tinubu’s re-election through his City Boy Movement.

“The APC remains my party, today and always. I remain loyal and committed to the ideals and leadership of our great party,” he concluded.

👉 Are You A WhatsApp User? Do You Want To Get Our News As Fast As Possible On Daily Basis? 👉 Click This Link To Join WhatsApp Channel Now.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Oyo Kidnapping: Adeleke directs immediate revitalisation of Safe School Initiative

Published

on

In the wake of recent school kidnappings in Oyo state, Governor Ademola Adeleke has ordered immediate revitalisation of the Safe School Initiative by the Ministry of Education and other relevant government and security agencies.

The governor issued the directive today as a precautionary step to forestall possible spillover of school kidnappings recently experienced in Oyo state.

The governor additionally directed immediate beefing of intelligence gathering, especially around schools located in border areas and remote sections of the state.

The Amotekun security service was specifically instructed to strengthen the partnership with various non- government peace organisations currently providing security services across many schools within the state.

The governor assured parents and school authorities of the safety and protection of their wards and also directed his special adviser on security matters to follow up the new plan with service commanders across the security agencies.

“We are resolved to secure our pupils across our school system. Necessary steps are ongoing to improve the security of schools, especially in rural areas. The existing safe school plan will be strengthened.

“The Commissioner for Education and the Security Adviser are to meet to firm up the revitalisation plan. I assure parents and school authorities of their safety and protection”, the governor was quoted as saying in the statement.

👉 Are You A WhatsApp User? Do You Want To Get Our News As Fast As Possible On Daily Basis? 👉 Click This Link To Join WhatsApp Channel Now.

Continue Reading

Politics

Former Air Chief Abubakar quits politics

Published

on

Former Chief of Air Staff and 2023 governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Bauchi State, Air Marshal Sadiq Baba Abubakar (retd.), has announced his exit from active politics.

Abubakar disclosed this in a post on his X handle on Sunday, May 17, 2026, stating that he would no longer participate in political contests.

While he said he no longer belongs to any political party, the former CAS added that he would continue to participate as an ordinary Nigerian.

He wrote, “I say goodbye to the murky waters of Nigerian politics. I no longer belong to any political party and will therefore not vie for any office.

“However, I will continue to support ordinary Nigerians to the best of my ability.”

Abubakar entered politics shortly after retiring from the military in 2021.

He emerged as a major opposition candidate in the 2023 governorship election in Bauchi State but lost to Governor Bala Mohammed of the Peoples Democratic Party.

In recent weeks, posters linking him to a possible 2027 governorship bid under the Action Democratic Party had surfaced across parts of Bauchi metropolis.

👉 Are You A WhatsApp User? Do You Want To Get Our News As Fast As Possible On Daily Basis? 👉 Click This Link To Join WhatsApp Channel Now.

Continue Reading

Trending