Connect with us

Breaking News

Burkina Faso Strictly On Case: ‘They Have Not Been Released’ – Military Officer Speaks On Detained Air Force Personnel

Published

on

Uncertainty persists regarding the status of 11 Nigerian Air Force (NAF) personnel and a C-130 aircraft detained in Burkina Faso, amid conflicting accounts from Nigerian authorities and foreign reports.

As of 8 pm on Tuesday, senior military officials in Nigeria told Punch that the officers had not been released and the aircraft remained in custody.

“They have not been released. We are still waiting (for their release),” a top military official confirmed.

Another senior officer, who insisted on the legality of the aircraft’s actions, argued that the C-130 was forced to land due to a technical fault.

The source said, “We are still monitoring the situation. Article 25 of the Chicago Convention (1944) requires countries to permit aircraft in distress to land and to provide assistance.

“This is one condition on which military aircraft are allowed to enter foreign airspace without permission. Emergency situations override because the priority is saving lives.”

Contrary to the Nigerian military’s position, a BBC report quoted Burkinabè security sources as saying the detained officers had been “briefly held” and had since been released and allowed to return to Nigeria.

“Eleven Nigerian military officers were briefly detained in Burkina Faso after their aircraft made an emergency landing in the country. The soldiers were released and given permission to fly back to Nigeria,” the BBC reported.

👉 Are You A WhatsApp User? Do You Want To Get Our News As Fast As Possible On Daily Basis? 👉 Click This Link To Join WhatsApp Channel Now.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

Sheikh Gumi Alleges US Intelligence Behind Boko Haram and Banditry in Nigeria

Published

on

Kaduna-based Islamic cleric Ahmad Gumi has alleged that American intelligence agencies are behind the activities of bandits and Boko Haram terrorists in Nigeria. Gumi made the claim in a Facebook post on Saturday while reacting to comments by Mike Arnold, who had spoken about the alleged persecution of Christians in Nigeria.

Gumi accused Arnold of promoting a false narrative about Christian killings while ignoring the insecurity affecting parts of northern Nigeria. He wrote that bandits and Boko Haram are “allegedly sponsored by the same American intelligence.” Gumi added: “One of the things Islam abhors is lies and liars.”

Key Points:

Gumi’s allegation could strain Nigeria-US counterterrorism cooperation if taken seriously.
The cleric’s claims may fuel anti-American sentiment among Nigerians already frustrated with insecurity.
Families of victims of banditry and Boko Haram attacks may feel their suffering is being used for political narratives.
The US government has not responded to Gumi’s allegations at the time of this report.
The timing of this claim, amid ongoing counterterrorism talks between Nigerian and US officials, is highly sensitive.

Sources: Daily Post Nigeria

👉 Are You A WhatsApp User? Do You Want To Get Our News As Fast As Possible On Daily Basis? 👉 Click This Link To Join WhatsApp Channel Now.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Airstrike Kills Several Civilians in Niger Village During Military Pursuit of Terrorists

Published

on

Several civilians were reportedly killed after a military airstrike hit Guradnayi village near Kusasu in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State early on Sunday morning.

According to Premium Times, residents said the attack happened around 5 am and followed the movement of armed terrorists on motorcycles through the area.

A resident of Kusasu said at least 12 people died in the house of one of his relatives in Guradnayi, including his cousin’s son. Residents claimed military aircraft were pursuing terrorists before the bombs were dropped. The Nigerian Air Force has not yet released an official statement.

Key Points:

Families in rural Niger State have lost multiple relatives in a single night of bombing.
Accidental airstrikes continue to kill civilians instead of the terrorists they target.
Residents fleeing from terrorists were reportedly among those killed in their homes.
Communities now face the impossible choice: stay and face bandits, or flee and face bombs.
Timing of this incident, without an official statement, leaves families in agonising uncertainty.

Sources : Daily Post Nigeria

👉 Are You A WhatsApp User? Do You Want To Get Our News As Fast As Possible On Daily Basis? 👉 Click This Link To Join WhatsApp Channel Now.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

BREAKING NEWS: Hantavirus-Hit Cruise Ship Arrives in Spain’s Canary Islands

Published

on

A cruise ship where hantavirus cases were detected has arrived in Spain’s Canary Islands. The vessel docked after reports emerged of passengers infected with the rare and potentially deadly rodent-borne virus. Local health authorities are expected to implement quarantine and testing protocols for affected passengers and crew.

The situation has raised concerns about the spread of infectious diseases on international cruise liners. Further details on the number of cases and the severity of infections are awaited from Spanish health officials.

Key Points:

Passengers and crew on board face potential quarantine and health monitoring.
The cruise industry may face renewed scrutiny over infectious disease protocols.
Tourists planning cruises could reconsider bookings following the outbreak.
Local health systems in the Canary Islands must prepare for possible hospital admissions.
The timing of the arrival, peak tourist season, could impact regional tourism.

Watch for updates from Spanish health authorities on the number of confirmed cases and any quarantine measures implemented.

Sources: AFP

👉 Are You A WhatsApp User? Do You Want To Get Our News As Fast As Possible On Daily Basis? 👉 Click This Link To Join WhatsApp Channel Now.

Continue Reading

Trending